It becomes really difficult when you are in a situation that involved serious consideration of law and the legal world as well as medical attention, usually this happens only when you are stuck with the severe accident, when you know that the accidents are because of some other person’s fault and you are paying for it, then you must not keep quiet, you should immediately plan on filing a case against the person responsible for the accident, t must definitely be difficult for you to do it on your own as you are completely busy with the medical checkups regularly. So you can plan on hiring a professional personal injury attorney. They can guide you really well with the process, they will be able to make decisions for you and give you a clear hint about what you need to expect in your case. Now here are a few things that you must know if you are dealing with personal injury claims. See personal injury lawyer phoenix – Torgenson Law
I Was Hurt In An Accident. What Should I Do First?
- Immediately keep yourself in a safe position, distance yourself from the traffic keep your vehicle safe side and also make sure the vehicle is not disturbing the traffic.
- Collect as much evidence as possible, click photographs as well, which can be of your accident, the condition of your cars, your injuries and so on?
- Note down everything in detail of all the misfortune that has transpired soon after the mishap, you have to record everything which can be sufferings, torments, restorative costs, traveling costs, clinic visits, loss of wages and pay rates.
- Also do not forget at all to interview the witnesses, you need to understand that witnesses can be a really good help for you. They can give information about your accident to the court. So collect their information, like name, contact number and also note down what they have observed. You can contact whenever you need them.
- If you ever speak to any other person related to the accident, you can definitely record whatever they have said, make sure you collect notes as well, so you have a complete idea about the accident.
- You can seek help from personal injury attorney as they are really experts and you can get the desired compensation that you have planned on.
How Long Do I Have To Notify A Person That I Am Filing A Claim And How Long Can I File A Claim For My Personal Injury?
- If you are planning on filing a lawsuit against the person responsible for the accident, you must definitely not wait for a very long time to file it, as your injuries are fresh as well as the evidence you have are also very fresh and ready, plus the witnesses are also aware of the accident in a much better way, if you plan on doing the filing thing really late or whenever you feel, you are definitely going to lose many points as the accident case is not a very new topic. So the chances of losing the evidence becomes much more possible.
- By giving notice about your injury case filing, you are just securing your rights and preserving all the evidence so that nobody or the defending party does not keep point that you are filing the case against your injuries really late, you should definitely notify people as soon as possible so that you are not attacked with questions related to delay in filing.
- Talking about how long you can file, it becomes really difficult as the process is very time consuming, if you delay in filing the claim against the responsible person, the time limit once crossed can never be brought back, you might lose it just because there was a delay in filing. There are laws on a personal injury claim stating “statutes of limitation” so you have to consider that and accordingly plan on filing.
Types Of Compensatory Damages In Personal Injury Cases:
Medical Treatment- Definitely if you are involved in an accident you will have severe injuries, with this injuries rise a lot of expenses, and you have to spend a lot of money on healing your wounds. If you are spending your money on medical and traveling expenses and losing your financial income on this, just because of other person negligence, then you are definitely eligible to seek compensation for your medical expenses.
Income- If you are losing your income just because you are not able to deal with the injuries and so you are avoiding work, you have the right to seek compensation for your lost income. If you are the only bread earner in your family and you have missed your work so the wages are not received, your financial condition can be really bad at that point of time, so you are eligible to seek compensation for loss of income as well.
Pain and Suffering- If you are injured in an accident just because of some other person responsible for the accident you are suffering from a lot of pains and injuries, then you are definitely eligible to seek compensation for your pains and suffering, no matter if its physical injuries or mental ones you are going to get the desired compensation.
Emotional Distress – If you are suffering from serious injuries you are going through a lot of emotional problems, not just physical injury you are also going to get pain and suffering from mental injuries, therefore you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries.